Rep Sheet Roundup: 'The Flash' Star Tom Cavanagh Signs With NMA PR
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news.
Who got signed, promoted, hired or fired? The Hollywood Reporter’s Rep Sheet rounds up the week in representation news. To submit announcements for consideration, contact email@example.com.
The Flash's Tom Cavanagh has signed with NMA PR. The Ed alum currently plays Dr. Harrison Wells (in all incarnations and universes) on the hit CW superhero series, and his other credits include Scrubs, Trust Me and Royal Pains.
Director Giuseppe Capotondi has signed with UTA. After establishing himself in commercials and music videos, Capotondi's feature The Double Hour premiered at Venice and earned him a nomination for Discovery of the Year, while the thriller itself won a Young Cinema Award for Best Italian Film. He recently shot episodes for the Anonymous Content/Epix 10-part drama Berlin Station. Capotondi continues to be repped in the U.K. by Nick Marston at the Curtis Brown Group and managed by Keith Redmond at Anonymous.
A pair of scribes
Gersh has signed two writers:
· Playwright Jessica Swale, whose play Nell Gwynn won this year's Olivier Award for best new comedy and has earned critical raves for Gemma Arterton (in its current West End run) and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (who starred in its earlier staging at the Globe last summer). Swale co-founded and is artistic director at London's Red Handed Theatre Company, where she received an Evening Standard nomination for best director for 2011's The Belle's Strategem. The publication also nominated her for most promising playwright for 2013's Blue Stockings. Swale continues to be repped in the U.K. by Helen Mumby of MacNaughton Lord.
· Sheila Heti has authored seven books, including the 2013 novel How Should a Person Be?, which Time called "one of the most talked-about books of the year." In addition to co-editing the New York Times best-seller Women in Clothes, she also served as interviews editor at The Believer and wrote the play All Our Happy Days Are Stupid, which has played in theaters in New York and her hometown of Toronto. Heti continues to be repped for publishing by Jim Rutman of Sterling Lord.
If you're a gamer, you've probably heard him
Canadian actor Steven Ogg has signed with ZTPR. He's best known for providing the voice and motion-capture performance for Trevor, one of the three player protagonists in Grand Theft Auto V. He also has played a Savior in The Walking Dead and appeared in Better Call Saul, Broad City and Person of Interest.
They can use the new in-house production studio
Abrams has signed three new clients to its digital media department:
· "Doctor Mike" (aka Dr. Mikhail Varshavski), a second-year medical resident whose Instagram account (1.8 million followers) went viral on account of his "Hot Doctor" status and reputation.
· Jimmy DiResta, whose DIY home-improvement videos have attracted more than 56 million views on his YouTube channel.
· Vlogger Jack Baran, whose YouTube channel ThatSoJack has more than 1.4 million subscribers and 77 million views.
Elsewhere in Rep World: