Rep Sheet Roundup: 'On My Block' Star Diego Tinoco Signs With Paradigm
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news.
Who got signed, promoted, hired or fired? The Hollywood Reporter’s Rep Sheet rounds up the week in representation news. To submit announcements for consideration, contact email@example.com.
The Heartthrob on the Block
Diego Tinoco, who plays Cesar on Netflix's On My Block, has signed with Paradigm. Tinoco was a relative newcomer when he was cast as the sensitive teen whose burgeoning relationship with lead Monse (Sierra Capri) is strained when he's pulled into gang life by his brother. The critically acclaimed coming-of-age dramedy, which Netflix has renewed for a second season, has been nominated for Teen Choice's Choice TV Breakout Show.
Paradigm also has promoted booking coordinators Kristin O'Neill and Nate Sokolski to music agents. Both have been with the agency for five years, starting with their hirings at The Windish Agency (which first partnered with Paradigm in 2015 and was acquired in 2017). O'Neill, whose journey wound from receptionist to assistant to coordinator for agent Evan Hancock, counts pop and electronic artists including Quinn XCII, Chelsea Curtler, ayokay, Parson James, Chrome Sparks, Hazey Eyes and Kelly Lee Owens as her clients, and continues to work with Hancock on top clients including Four Tet, Kaytranada and Thundercat. Sokolski went from assistant to coordinator for agent Sam Hunt and has worked with him closely on top clients including Diplo, Major Lazer, A-Trak, Chromeo, Matt and Kim, The xx and Run the Jewels. Sokolski also has helped book events for brands including Brownies & Lemonade and the Mad Decent Block Parties.
Dance Moms' Chloe Lukasiak, who won the 2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice Dancer, has signed with Abrams and Brillstein. In addition to the Lifetime reality series, the 17-year-old performer also has acted in A Cowgirl's Story and Loophole, and she is starring in and co-executive producing the upcoming indie feature F.R.E.D.I. In January, she released the book Girl on Pointe: Chloe's Guide to Taking on the World. With 5.9 million Instagram followers and 1.6 million YouTube subscribers, Lukasiak has endorsed Pantene, CoverGirl and Playtex. She continues to be repped by Meyer & Downs.
Abrams also has hired:
- Karen Kirkland as an agent in the Los Angeles office's literary department, reporting to department co-heads and vice presidents Paul Weitzman and Brad Rosenfeld. Kirkland spent the last 13 years at Nickelodeon, where she was vp talent development and developed and oversaw the network's well-known writers diversity program. Her previous experience includes working at Anonymous Content and serving as a producer for the LA Film Festival as well as for commercials and music videos.
- Sophie Bressler as an agent in the New York office's alternative programming, digital media, licensing and branding division, reporting to division head and vp Mark Turner. Bressler hails from Hearst Digital Media, under which she launched the independent production company Hearst Originals, selling unscripted series to Twitter, Musical.ly and other digital platforms. Bressler, who began her industry career at ICM Partners, also previously worked on A&E's reality programming and development team, working on shows like Intervention and Duck Dynasty.
- Dan Moresco as an agent in the L.A. office's talent division, reporting to division head and vp Justin Baxter. Moresco hails from Kohner Agency, and before that he spent five years at Paradigm, first in the commercial/marketing department and then in talent. Before becoming an agent, he worked at law firm Isaacman Kaufman.
- Sloane Fitzgerald as an agent in the L.A. office's emerging talent division, reporting to vice presidents Pamela Fisher (division head) and Domina Holbeck. Fitzgerald is returning to Abrams after a stint in TJX Companies' marketing department.
Others on the Dotted Line
Wolf Kasteler PR has signed:
- Tony nominee and Hamilton alum Brandon Victor Dixon, an Emmy nominee for his dynamic turn as Judas Iscariot on NBC's Jesus Christ Superstar. He can currently be seen in season five of Starz's Power.
- Tony nominee Colman Domingo, who in addition to appearing on AMC's Fear the Walking Dead will soon be seen in theaters in Assassination Nation and Barry Jenkins' If Beale Street Could Talk. He is currently filming Pale Blue Dot opposite Natalie Portman.
- Maya Hawke, who starred as Jo in BBC One and PBS' Little Women miniseries and has joined season three of Netflix's Stranger Things.
- Newcomer Richie Merritt, who will star as the title character in White Boy Rick opposite Matthew McConaughey.
- Nesta Cooper, who appears on Netflix's Travelers and will be in Apple's See.
- Alex Russell, a series regular on CBS' SWAT, who will be seen in the indie feature Brampton's Own, due out in October.
Jill Fritzo PR has signed:
- Myles Truitt, who guest-starred as Devin on the second-season "FUBU" episode of FX's Atlanta. Following his acting debut as young Ronnie DeVoe in BET's The New Edition Story, he can currently be seen as Ant on the third season of OWN's Queen Sugar and will be on the second season of The CW's Black Lightning. Truitt recently completed shooting on his first feature, Lionsgate's sci-fi Kin, in which he will play the lead opposite James Franco and Dennis Quaid.
- Veteran actor Eric Lange, who will star opposite Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano and Benicio del Toro on Showtime's limited series Escape at Dannemora, which is set to premiere Oct. 15.
Persona PR has signed:
- Mehcad Brooks, who stars as James Olsen/Guardian on The CW's Supergirl.
- Trevor Long, who stars as Cade on Netflix's Ozark.
- Carla Baratta, a series regular on FX's upcoming Mayans MC, in which she plays a woman who protects children orphaned by cartel violence.
Public relations firm East 2 West Collective has signed David Alan Grier, who will next appear on Fox's new comedy The Cool Kids.
ICM Partners has signed rapper Shy Glizzy for worldwide representation in all areas. The Washington, D.C., native also known as Young Jefe was featured along with singer Brent Faiyaz on GoldLink's "Crew," which received a Grammy nomination for best rap/sung performance.
Digital talent management company Addition has signed:
- Aaryn Williams, an Austin, Texas-based wife, mother and pet owner.
- FashionbyAlly (Ally Chen), a Silicon Valley-based fashion and lifestyle content creator.
- JenerationDIY (Jennifer Zhang), a rising junior at NYU who has cultivated a following for her music, life hack and DIY videos.
Addition, whose roster includes iJustine and Joey Graceffa, also has promoted Nilou Mirfakhrai to manager of talent and Justin Miclat to manager of partnerships.
Independent music publisher Reservoir has signed pop-soul singer-songwriter Liza Owen to a worldwide publishing deal. The pact for Owen's catalog includes her featured work on BTS' "Airplane Pt. 2."
Production company Washington Square Films has signed cinematographer and director Joshua Z Weinstein for U.S. commercial representation. His A24 feature Menashe earned him nominations for best first feature at the Independent Spirit Awards and breakthrough director at the Gotham Awards.
Los Angeles-based production and entertainment company Dirty Robber has signed Joris Debeij, who recently won a Cannes Lion Young Director Award for his New York Times op-documentary Perfectly Normal.
CESD has hired former casting director Sari Knight (Beauty and the Beast, Evil Dead) as an agent in its Los Angeles theatrical department.
Creative production company Tool has hired Nancy Hacohen as managing director, live action, where she will represent the company's roster of directors, who include GMUNK, Floyd Russ, Danielle Levitt, JJ Adler, Marc Forster and Erich Joiner.
Elsewhere in Rep World: