Rep Sheet Roundup: Shirley MacLaine Signs With CAA
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news.
Who got signed, promoted, hired or fired? The Hollywood Reporter’s Rep Sheet rounds up the week in representation news. To submit announcements for consideration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
She is pleasant, dammit!
Shirley MacLaine has left ICM for CAA. The screen legend’s latest film, The Last Word, premiered at Sundance last week and will be released by Bleecker Street on March 3. In his review, THR critic David Rooney said MacLaine was “in blazingly fine form” and added that it was “a pleasure to see [her] back in the spotlight.” Among her long list of accolades are a best actress Oscar for Terms of Endearment, a best variety special Emmy for Gypsy in My Soul and the Golden Globes’ Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement. Her 10 international best-sellers include 2008’s Sage-ing While Age-ing and 2011’s I’m Over All That: And Other Confessions. MacLaine continues to be represented by attorney Gerald M. Chizever at Loeb & Loeb.
A beautiful boost
PRStudio USA has signed:
- Demian Bichir, who will be seen in Alien: Covenant before going on to star opposite Julianne Moore and Ken Watanabe in Bel Canto. The Mexican actor, who starred in FX’s border drama The Bridge, was a best actor Oscar nominee for 2011’s A Better Life.
- Supergirl sister and Grey’s Anatomy alum Chyler Leigh, as well as her husband, Nathan West, who will independently release his sophomore album, Lost Transmission, under his musician moniker East of Eli this spring.
Getting the words out
Publicity firm East 2 West Collective has signed:
- Speechless’ Mason Cook, 16, who plays able-bodied brother and voice of reason Ray on the praised ABC family comedy. He continues to be represented by Primary Wave.
- Plus-size models Barbie Ferreira and Hunter McGrady, both of whom continue to be represented by Wilhelmina.
Portrait of two young ladies
Portrait PR has signed:
- Shooter’s Shantel VanSanten, who plays the wife of Ryan Phillippe’s character on the USA drama
- Newcomer Sophia Lillis, who will star as the Losers Club’s lone girl, Beverly Marsh, in the upcoming It remake
Timbaland has extended and expanded his partnership with independent publishing and rights management company ole. The two parties will continue their publishing co-venture, Bluestone, while ole expands its worldwide administrative deal with the Grammy-winning producer to include YouTube and other digital video platforms. In addition, ole will also represent worldwide administrative rights for Timbaland’s brother Garland Mosley, who writes songs and raps under the stage name Sebastian.
Elsewhere in Rep World: