Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs Hispanic Digital Star Sebastian Villalobos
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news.
Who got signed, promoted, hired or fired? The Hollywood Reporter’s Rep Sheet rounds up the week in representation news. To submit announcements for consideration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Una estrella esta firmada
UTA has signed Hispanic digital star Sebastian Villalobos, who has over 20 million followers across social media. He recently became the digital reporter and co-host for Univision’s talent competition Pequenos Gigantes, and he continues to recur on Disney Channel Latin America’s Soy Luna (via his partnership with Disney-owned Maker Studios) and will be featured as a special guest on the telenovela’s live tour. Villalobos, who won Digital Icon of the Year at MTV’s Millennial Awards, has been the face of Sprite Mexico for the past four years, in addition to collaborations with Adidas, Coca-Cola and P&G. He is a past contestant of Colombia’s Dancing With the Stars and recently released the how-to book Youtuber School. Villalobos continues to be represented by Lina Caceres at Latin World Entertainment.
Life after Dead
The Walking Dead alum Sarah Wayne Callies has signed with Persona PR. She currently stars in USA’s alien drama Colony, now in its second season, and will reprise her role as Dr. Sara Tancredi in Fox’s Prison Break revival next month.
IMG’s sports media archive, which contains over 400,000 hours of content spanning more than a century, has rebranded as IMG Replay. The service, now available at IMGReplay.com, offers match footage and interviews from the many sports organizations that IMG works with, including the International Olympic Committee, Wimbledon, the Premier League and PGA of America in resolutions including 4K, 3D and HD. New to the archive are clips from more recent IMG acquisitions, such as UFC and the Miss Universe Organization, as well as content from its entertainment and fashion holdings. Last year, IMG launched a dedicated Rights & Clearance team, and IMG Replay’s premium access includes rights-ready content precleared for editorial use. “In an ever-changing digital and broadcast space, IMG Replay will provide clients with the most versatile archive solution available today,” IMG Media senior vp Richard Wise said in a statement. “The rebrand reflects the new level of creativity and interactivity that the service provides. IMG Replay will remain a key player within the IMG landscape, able to tap into wider WME-IMG resources, talent and global media expertise.”
Digital Brand Architects, which represents new media stars, has hired April Abrams as director of talent management. Abrams worked directly with DBA in her most recent position as head of recruitment and partnerships at Federated Media. Prior to that, she launched websites for Lauren Conrad, Michelle Phan and other influencers at EQAL. “We’re thrilled that April is joining our growing team,” DBA partner and senior vp Vanessa Flaherty said in a statement. “Her partnership expertise and experience working with some of the world’s top digital taste makers is an asset as our client roster continues to evolve.”
Katz Public Relations has signed:
· Amber Nash, who voices Pam in Archer, whose eighth-season premieres April 5 on FXX
· Dana Gaier, who voices Edith in the Despicable Me franchise, whose threequel will premiere June 30
Going for gold
Publicity firm East 2 West Collective has signed:
· Retired gymnast Shawn Johnson, who won one gold and three silver medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
· Tommy Dorfman, who will co-star in Netflix’s upcoming drama 13 Reasons Why
· Today national investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen
· Plus-sized model Hunter McGrady, who was featured in Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit issue this year
· Buzzfeed editor Erin La Rosa, whose book The Big Redhead Book will be published via St. Martin’s Griffin on Aug. 22
· YouTuber Camila Coelho, a Brazilian makeup artist
· DJ duo Atmpshre, also known as Johnny Spadafore and Aiden Bazzel
· Jordyn Woods and Anastasia Karanikolaou, both known for being Kylie Jenner’s BFF
Elsewhere in Rep World: