In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'The Wolverine,' 'The To Do List' and More
What THR's critics say about the movies opening this weekend.
Hugh Jackman returns to the big screen reprising his role as Logan in The Wolverine.
In the sequel to 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Logan travels to Japan where he finds himself facing his own demon and fighting with ninjas. Directed by James Mangold, the superhero flick also stars Will Yun Lee as the Silver Samurai and Famke Janssen as Jean Grey.
Meanwhile, Maggie Carey's directorial debut, The To Do List, follows Audrey Plaza as a high school senior who feels pressured to be more sexually experienced before heading to college in the fall.
Read what The Hollywood Reporter's film critics have to say about all the films opening this weekend and find out how they are expected to perform at the box office.
Hugh Jackman takes his mutton-chopped mutant to Japan in James Mangold's standalone X-Men spinoff, co-starring Famke Janssen, Hiroyuki Sanada, Tao Okamoto and newcomer Rila Fukushima. Read Megan Lehmann's review here.
Writer-director Maggie Carey’s feature debut boasts an ensemble cast, led by Aubrey Plaza, that evocatively captures the carefree elation of youthful summer romance. Read Justin Lowe's review here.
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin and Louis C.K. star in Woody Allen's fine character study. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
Drug War (Du zhen)
Hong Kong action master Johnnie To goes to mainland China to pit stars Louis Koo and Sun Honglei against each other as a captured drug lord forced to collaborate with a cool cop in this Rome competition entry. Read Deborah Young's review here.
Writer-director Emanuele Crialese's Italian immigrant drama is morally passionate but features overly familiar storytelling and unsurprising characters. Read Deborah Young's review here.
Director Rowan Athale makes his feature debut with a deconstructed heist film. Read Michael Rechtshaffen's review here.
The Time Being
Frank Langella plays a dying man who offers Wes Bentley work he might be wise to refuse. Read John DeFore's review here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)