Pink Is the New Black: 4 Rosé Recipes to Try Now
Celebrate #NationalRoséDay by making 4 delicious cocktails at home using the pink drink.
Do you really need a reason to drink rosé on a summer Saturday? Probably not. But just in case you are looking for a justification, June 10 has officially been named National Rosé Day. In honor of the momentous occasion, Barefoot Wine surveyed its American customers to find out just how much they love the blush-hued beverage. Survey says? A lot!
· 91 percent of Americans who drink Rosé prefer it slightly sweet.
· Nearly three in four (74 percent) feel drinking Rosé marks the official start of summer.
· The majority of Americans consume Rosé for the refreshing taste, and in fact, more than half (53 percent) would find a glass of Rosé more refreshing than a popsicle on a hot summer day.
· 58% of respondents said they drink Rosé while binge-watching TV. This fact is for you OITNB fans, season five starts streaming on Netflix on June 9.
· Nearly half (47 percent) of respondents said they would rather give up the "Final Rose" on The Bachelor/The Bachelorette than give up drinking Rosé for a whole year.
Whether you choose to celebrate the occasion with friends and family or by binge-watching TV, check out four must-try recipes for making refreshing confections at home.
Simple Barefoot Frosé
750 mL Barefoot Rose wine
2/3 cup of cranberry raspberry juice
Freeze rosé in large ice cube trays. Pour juice in blender with frozen rosé cubes. Blend until smooth and serve.
Rosé All Day
• 2 oz Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé (Katy Perry is a fan of the brand)
• 1 oz gin
• 0.75 oz strawberry purée
• 0.5 oz lemon juice
• 0.5 oz simple syrup
Shake all ingredients except Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé with ice. and strain in a martini glass. Float Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé at the top and garnish with a half strawberry.
Pomegranate Grapefruit Frosé
1 oz. Van Gogh Pomegranate vodka
3 oz. LBD Rosé wine
1 oz. ruby red grapefruit juice (100 percent juice, unsweetened)
1/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup
1 cup ice
Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and garnish with a fresh mint sprig and/or fresh thyme, and strawberry slice on glass rim.
Moët’s Love Elixir
1 oz. Lychee puree (preferably Boiron)
1 oz. Vodka
½ oz. Pinot Noir
4oz. Moët Imperial Rosé
Pour all ingredients in a wine glass together and stir. Garnish with 1 lychee in a pick.