Rupert Murdoch Divorce: 'Girls' Weighs in
The HBO series' Facebook page posted an entry after Thursday's news, name-checking the media mogul's estranged wife.
In the wake of Thursday's news that Rupert Murdoch filed for divorce from his third wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch, the Facebook page for HBO's Girls touched on the hot topic with a quote from the show's second season name-checking Murdoch's estranged wife.
"I'm so excited that George is coming tonight because, you know, I feel like things are getting more serious with him. You know? And I want my friends to see that I have this handsome, rich boyfriend. And maybe I want to be Wendi Murdoch. Maybe that's my new thing," read the message.
The line was said by Hannah's (Lena Dunham) gay friend and then-roommate Elijah (Andrew Rannells) during the first episode of the second season. At the time, Elijah was presumably dating an older man, George, but viewers didn't get much of a look into that relationship.
The post seemed to be an attempt at taking advantage of people's interest in the Murdoch divorce news, but it wasn't nearly as popular as the page's other entries, which usually get several thousand likes. The message only garnered 1,164 likes as of Friday morning, more than 24 hours after it was posted. Also, only a few commenters discussed the Murdoch divorce news.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR