'Short Term 12' Trailer: Take a Look at the Breakout Hit of SXSW (Video)
The black comedy was honored with the Austin festival's Grand Jury Award.
I Am Not a Hipster writer/director Destin Cretton's latest feature, Short Term 12, is based off of his 2008 Sundance short, and follows Grace (Brie Larson), a supervisor at a foster care facility for at-risk teens
In the drama-comedy, Grace, like the kids she mentors, is forced to confront her own painful past.
The Hollywood Reporter's John DeFore, in his SXSW film reveiw, called Laron's performance a "breakthrough."
John Gallagher Jr. (The Newsroom) plays Grace's understanding long-term boyfriend and coworker, and Kaitlyn Dever (Last Man Standing) plays an especially troubled youth at Grace's facility.
The film was awarded the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at this year's SXSW film festival.
Short Term 12 was acquired by Cinedigm and has a theatrical release date of Aug. 23.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty