Stephanie Sperber Re-Ups as President, Universal Partnerships & Licensing
The executive, who oversees the studio's global consumer products, digital licensing and theatrical and home entertainment promotions, has a contract extension through June 2016.
Stephanie Sperber has re-upped with Universal where she serves as president, Universal Partnerships & Licensing. Her contract, which still had a year and a half to run, has been extended until June, 2016. She will continue to report to Universal chairman Adam Fogelson.
Sperber oversees all of Universal’s global consumer products, digital licensing, theatrical and home entertainment promotions across all divisions of Universal Pictures as well as strategic marketing alliances for both Universal Pictures and Universal Studios Parks and Resorts Group. She has led UP&L since its creation in 2009, first as executive vp of the studio’s retail-focused Consumer Products Group within the division known as Universal Studios Partnerships before then being promoted to her current position. Previously, she had led Universal Studios Partnerships as executive vp since 2005.
Sperber’s team will continue to work closely with the NBCUniversal Media Innovation and Cross Company Initiatives group and with Russell Hampton, the new executive vp of franchise management and global consumer products.
With Universal developing its next installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, Sperber also will oversee the upcoming global licensing, retail, digital and promotional campaign for the fourth film in the series.
During her tenure, Sperber has overseen the studio’s largest-ever global licensing and promotional campaign for Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me 2, which includes more than 100 promotional partners around the world, delivering more than $255 million in total global media value; the first mobile game for the Despicable Me franchise in conjunction with Gameloft; and the free-to-play mobile game Fast & Furious 6: The Game, which was launched May 16 in partnership with Kabam! Games.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!