Stewart's son pleads not guilty to assault
EmptyRod Stewart's son pleaded not guilty Tuesday to felony charges stemming from an attack on a couple outside a party in the Hollywood Hills.
Sean Stewart, 26, one of the stars of the A&E reality show "Sons of Hollywood," was arrested last month after being sued in May by Tobalus and Ericka Stein.
The couple said they were in a truck on April 22 when Stewart and others began "swinging their arms at, punching, throwing bricks and other items at, and striking the bodies of plaintiffs" and the truck.
The suit did not indicate a motive for the attack.
Stewart was charged with four felonies, including two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count each of throwing a substance at a vehicle and vandalism with more than $400 in damage.
He appeared Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and was allowed to remain free on $60,000 bail pending an Aug. 6 hearing.
The judge ordered him to stay away from the couple.
Stewart's lawyer, Peter J. Korn, has said the incident was much different than what has been alleged. He suggested the lawsuit was financially motivated.