Stewart's son sued in alleged assault
EmptyRod Stewart's son has been sued for allegedly beating up a man at a Hollywood nightclub last year.
The lawsuit accuses Sean Stewart, 26, of assault, battery, false imprisonment, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress. It was filed Tuesday in Los Angeles by Daniel Refoua.
Refoua's lawyer, Sean Bral, said his client was beaten on Jan. 5, 2006, by a group including Stewart after accidentally bumping into the singer's son at the LAX nightclub in Hollywood.
The melee followed a verbal fight with Stewart, who was with a bodyguard and others at the time, Bral said.
"The next thing you know, he gets punched in the face and he's getting punched by Stewart and his bodyguard and whoever it was who was with him," he said.
Refoua, who is in his 20s, suffered a fractured nose and other injuries, Bral said. The lawsuit seeks unspecified general, special and punitive damages.
"We invite him to come forward if they want a resolution in this, to sit down early to talk as opposed to later," Bral said.
Stewart's lawyer, Peter J. Korn, did not respond to a phone message seeking comment.
Additional lawsuits may be filed against the others who allegedly attacked Refoua, Bral said.
The lawsuit comes about two months after Stewart, one of the stars of the A&E reality show "Sons of Hollywood," was arrested in a separate attack on a couple outside a Hollywood Hills party.
The couple said they were in a truck in April when Stewart and others confronted them and began punching and throwing bricks at them and the vehicle.
Stewart has pleaded not guilty to felony charges in the case. He remains free on $60,000 bail pending an Aug. 6 hearing.
Korn has said the incident was much different than what was alleged.