Sylvester Stallone Assault Accuser Files Santa Monica Police Report

Getty Images
Sylvester Stallone

The alleged incident is past the statute of limitations for California.

Sylvester Stallone was accused of sexual assault in a police report filed in Santa Monica, Lt. Saul Rodriguez of the Santa Monica Police Department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter

The alleged victim filed a report last month, Rodriguez said. The incident occurred in the 1990s. No further information was available. 

Technically, the alleged incident is past the statute of limitations for California. It is unclear if police will investigate nevertheless. 

A legal representative for Stallone told THR, "We have already notified the police that my client wants to file a claim against the woman for filing a false police report. My client categorically disputes the claim and it is apparent that the woman filed the report to get a media outlet to publish the story."

This is the second time that the Rocky actor has been accused of sexual assault in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, which rocked Hollywood since the first New York Times story broke about the mogul on Oct. 5. 

A Nov. 16 report by The Daily Mail claimed that Stallone was accused of sexual assault in Las Vegas by a minor in the late 1980s. A police report was allegedly filed, but charges were never brought forth. 

Las Vegas police could not confirm last month that the report was ever filed, as too much time had lapsed for it to have been kept in the system. 

Stallone vehemently denied the Las Vegas allegation, with his rep calling it "a ridiculous, categorically false story" at the time.