The Talk': CBS’ Les Moonves Responds to Accusations About Wife Julie Chen’s Behavior
A new report has surfaced alleging that the host told fellow show panelists, “My husband can fire your asses any day.”
When two of the hosts of CBS’ daytime talk show, The Talk, were fired, stories of co-host Julie Chen’s behavior on set started to bubble to the surface. Sources claimed that Chen, who is also the host of Big Brother, had been using her the position of her husband, CBS CEO Les Moonves, as a threat. “My husband can fire your asses any day,” she allegedly said, according to The New York Post.
Moonves, for his part, has stayed mum on the rumors – until now. He finally spoke up in an upcoming interview with Newsweek.
“Anybody that knows my wife knows she would never say that,” he said.
Talk co-hosts Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete were not asked back for season two of The Talk. They were replaced by co-host Sheryl Underwood and guest hosts actress Molly Shannon and Kris Jenner, mother of Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian.
Chen began her career at CBS as an anchor for CBS Morning News and The Early Show, and has been the host of Big Brother since the show’s beginning in 2000. She joined The Talk as a host and moderator when it launched in October 2010. Chen and Moonves has been married since 2004.
In the interview, which will be in Newsweek's September 26 issue, Moonves also talks about the new season of Two and a Half Men, which will feature Ashton Kutcher as a replacement for Charlie Sheen. He says that he will give the show time to find its legs, and "no way" would he pull it mid-season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!