In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Man of Steel,' 'This Is the End' and More
What THR's critics say about the movies opening this week.
Superman is heading back to the big screen.
In Zack Snyder's reboot of the classic superhero movie, Henry Cavill stars as the isolated, overly powerful Clark Kent. When Earth is met by Kryptonian General Zod (Michael Shannon), Kent must learn to embrace his strength and be the superhero he is destined to become. The Warner Bros. and Legendary film also stars Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner.
Read what The Hollywood Reporter's film critics have to say about all the films opening this weekend and find out how they are expected to perform at the box office.
Zack Snyder's Superman reboot stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen and their friends play themselves in the apocalyptic horror comedy. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
Sofia Coppola’s too-cool-for-school portrait of fame-seeking miscreants is beautifully shot but light on social commentary. Read Todd McCarthy's review here.
Mick Jagger, Stevie Wonder and Bruce Springsteen sing the praises of backup singers. Read Justin Lowe's review here.
Katherine Fairfax Wright and Malika Zouhali-Worral's documentary details the persecution of the LGBT community in Uganda. Read Frank Scheck's review here.
The third entry in the horror trilogy once again features the hulking Victor Crowley rampaging through a Louisiana swamp. Read Frank Scheck's review here.
Director Andrew Lau's sprawling epic is finally hitting screens. Read Elizabeth Kerr's review here.
Two couples define "awkward dinner party" in Dan Mirvish's adaptation of Joe Hortua's play. Read John DeFore's review here.
Berberian Sound Studio
Toby Jones stars in the dark comedy following the misadventures of a sound-mixer in 1970s Italy. Read Neil Young's review here.
In the Fog
Heavyweight historical suspense drama eventually delivers. Read Stephen Dalton's review here.
Storm Surfers 3D
Australian surfing legends Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones unite and conquer some mighty big waves in this immersive 3D documentary. Read Megan Lehmann's review here.
The Stroller Strategy
Raphael Personnaz plays a man using a baby as a prop to woo an old girlfriend. Read John DeFore's review here.
Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story
Brad Bernstein's documentary introduces audiences to a onetime star of children's publishing. Read John DeFore's review here.
Pio Marmai stars as Alex who resorts to dealing drugs to raise funds for his journey back to Israel. Read Jordan Mintzer's review here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)