Tom Arnold Files Battery Charge Against Mark Burnett
The two men got into an altercation at the Evening Before the Emmys party.
Tom Arnold on Monday morning filed an assault charge against Apprentice producer Mark Burnett over a confrontation the two had Sunday night at the Evening Before the Emmys party, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
A copy of the report was obtained by THR.
Arnold claims he was choked by Burnett around 9 p.m. when their verbal altercation at the pre-Emmys event turned physical and allegedly had to be broken up by stars in attendance. The former Roseanne actor and writer said via social media that witnesses would attest to his version of events.
After sharing his version of what happened in several tweets, Arnold said Sunday night he planned to go the police. Marty Singer, Arnold's lawyer, previously confirmed the incident occurred to THR and said that Burnett "attacked" Arnold.
Roma Downey, actress and wife of Burnett, said Sunday on Twitter that Arnold was the aggressor and that she suffered a hand injury in the midst of the scuffle, which resulted in a bruise, which she shared via a photo with her social media message.
Arnold is set to debut his upcoming show, Viceland's The Hunt for the Trump Tapes, on Tuesday, which chronicles his journey to obtain the alleged outtakes of Donald Trump during his time on The Apprentice in which he is said to have used racist and sexiest language, including the N-word. Some have speculated the Sunday scuffle could have been a stunt.
While Trump has said the tapes in question do not exist, some former Celebrity Apprentice castmembers, including Penn Jillette and Omarosa Manigault Newman, said they do.