Trailer Report: 'Despicable Me' Becomes Most Watched of Week, 'Pacific Rim' Hits Top Ten
Universal's animated adventure had more than double the views of "Fast 6," while Guillermo del Toro's monsters vs. robots epic sneaks into the list at No. 10.
Matching its strong opening weekend, Universal's Despicable Me 2 was the most viewed trailer for the first week of July.
Universal's continuing animated story about a super villain (voiced by Steve Carell) who adopts three girls, the sequel to 2010's original, recorded 7.6 million views, more than doubling the No. 2 finisher, Fast & Furious 6.
The Vin Diesel-Paul Walker car epic recorded 2.6 million views for its preview. The movie, which opened in the U.S. on May 24 and has grossed $695 million worldwide, is continuing to roll out to new foreign territories.
No. 3 finisher Man of Steel recorded 1.3 million views, half as much as the one ahead of it on the list.
The next six slots are all head by fall releases, except for World War Z in the No. 7 spot.
Interest in Thor: The Dark World (32 million lifetime views) and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (36 million lifetime) remains strong.
Pacific Rim, the monster movie from Mexican filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, which opens July 12, was the only new film to enter the list, coming it at No. 10.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR