'Vanilla Ice Goes Amish' Gets October Premiere
A follow-up to the DIY Network's "Vanilla Ice Project" takes the '90s pop star-turned-home restorer into new turf.
The DIY Network has announced Tuesday that Vanilla Ice Goes Amish will premiere Saturday, Oct. 12, at 10 p.m.
The show, a follow-up to the home improvement network's Vanilla Ice Project, takes the '90s pop icon-turned-handyman/renovator deep into the country's largest Amish settlement in Ohio, where he learns all about hand craftsmanship, barn building and brotherly bonding.
In the first episode, Rob Van Winkle, aka Vanilla Ice, tackles a kitchen renovation for an Amish family — power tools and handy gadgets not included. Without electricity, Ice immerses himself in the art of old-world construction while his iPhone dies a slow, drained-battery death.
Ice isn't the only former music sensation making a home-renovating comeback. Other DIY Network shows include Rev Run's Project, which follows Joseph "Reverend Run" Simmons as he renovates his 9,000-square-foot New Jersey home, and Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall Project, which features Hall & Oates' Daryl Hall renovating his 1700s Connecticut home. Both are scheduled to air in 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR