9 Office-Ready Basics for the Chic Professional
Ready, jet, go! These pieces are corporate-ready, comfortable and chic enough to really be going places, night and day.
Wardrobe staples that take you from the office to after-hour holiday parties. Cheers.
1. Perfect Dual-Purpose LBD: The Row’s fitted scoop-back Darta dress can be worn with a blazer at work, then straight to cocktails; $590, at Neiman Marcus, Beverly Hills.
2. Statement Heels: Gianvito Rossi’s d’Orsay pumps have a killer curve but mean business; $725, at Neiman Marcus, Beverly Hills.
3. Investment Handbag: Celine’s classic Small Belt bag is large enough to carry a small laptop or iPad and has a secure zip-top closure; $2,650, at Barneys New York, Beverly Hills.
1. Skinny Pants: Stella McCartney’s cotton-blend Jodpr leggings are effortless yet eye-catching with contoured side seams; $745, at Barneys New York, Beverly Hills.
2. Fitted Tank: Theory’s ribbed wool-knit shell is a must-have multiseason base; $235, at select Theory stores.
3. Wrap Coat: The Row’s two-tone reversible wool coat doubles as a cozy in-flight topper for trips to New York City; $4,950, at Barneys New York.
1. Smoking Jacket: Saint Laurent’s single-button blazer with satin lapels is the quintessential piece for modern power dressing; $3,550, at Neiman Marcus, Beverly Hills.
2. Silky Blouse: Haider Ackermann’s ivory bow blouse adds feminine elegance to menswear-inspired styles; $1,300, at Saks Fifth Avenue, Beverly Hills.
3. Tailored Pants: Saint Laurent’s iconic tapered pants with tuxedo detail match the wool jacket (above); $990, at Neiman Marcus, Beverly Hills.
This story first appeared in the 2015 Women in Entertainment issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.