YouTube Music Awards: Watch the Live Stream (Video)
Performers slated include Eminem, Lady Gaga and Arcade Fire, with Spike Jonze directing.
The first annual YouTube Music Awards are underway at New York City's Pier 36 and streaming live across the world.
Nominees in the six categories, which include Video, Artist and YouTube Phenomenon of the Year, include One Direction, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Selena Gomez.
Performers include Eminem, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, Avicii, M.I.A., Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt and Walk Off the Earth. Jason Schwartzman and Reggie Watts are co-hosting and Spike Jonze is serving as creative director.
Watch the video above, and find the full list of nominees below.
Video of the Year: Honoring the world’s most loved music videos, these nominees represent the videos with the most fan engagement on YouTube over the last year.
‣ Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History
‣ Demi Lovato Heart Attack
‣ Girls' Generation I Got A Boy
‣ Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj) Beauty And A Beat
‣ Lady Gaga Applause
‣ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert) Same Love
‣ Miley Cyrus We Can't Stop
‣ One Direction Best Song Ever
‣ PSY Gentleman
‣ Selena Gomez Come & Get It
Artist of the Year: Honoring YouTube’s most-loved acts, nominees represent the most watched, shared, liked, and subscribedto artists over the last year.
‣ Epic Rap Battles of History
‣ Justin Bieber
‣ Katy Perry
‣ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
‣ Nicki Minaj
‣ One Direction
‣ Taylor Swift
Response of the Year: Honoring the best fan remix, parody or response video, these nominees represent the top “unofficial” fan videos on YouTube based on the videos fans watched, shared or liked.
‣ Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony) Mirrors
‣ Jayesslee Gangnam Style
‣ Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix Radioactive
‣ ThePianoGuys Titanium / Pavane
‣ Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX) I Knew You Were Trouble
YouTube Phenomenon: Recognizing the YouTube trends that the world could not get
enough of, nominees are based on the songs that generated the most fan videos.
‣ Gangnam Style
‣ Harlem Shake
‣ I Knew You Were Trouble
‣ Thrift Shop
YouTube Breakthrough: Honoring music’s breakout new acts, nominees represent the artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers over the last year.
‣ Kendrick Lamar
‣ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
‣ Naughty Boy
Innovation of the Year: Starting with videos selected by a international panel of musicians, YouTubers and creative luminaries, we then selected the creative video innovations that resonated most with fans on YouTube, based on views, likes, shares and comments.
‣ Anamanaguchi ENDLESS FANTASY
‣ Atoms For Peace Ingenue
‣ Bat For Lashes Lilies
‣ DeStorm See Me Standing
‣ Toro Y Moi "Say That"
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan's Words For The Person Who Leaked Her 'Sex List' (VIDEO)
- Lindsay Lohan Explains Why She Didn't Always Follow Filming Schedules For Her Docu-Series: 'I Had A Miscarriage'
- Deadbeat and Dollhouse: Conversations with James Iha and Melanie Martinez
- 'Veep' Season 3 Episode 3 Recap: Selina Dominates The Diss Rankings