7:16pm PT by THR staff
Oscars 2013: Kelly Rowland Added as Red Carpet Pre-Show Host
Kelly Rowland has been added as a host to the official Oscars red carpet pre-show.
The singer made the announcement Friday and will join previously announced co-hosts Kristin Chenoweth, Good Morning America anchor Lara Spencer and Entertainment Weekly managing editor Jess Cagle.
The Oscars Red Carpet Live is executive produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, also producers of the main telecast. Charlie Haykel and Juliane Hare for Don Mischer Productions also produce.
Additionally, the Academy and mtvU have announced the winners of the "Oscar Experience College Search" contest. The winners will appear onstage to deliver Oscar statuettes to presenters at the Academy Awards.
- ChaRon Brabham – SUNY Potsdam (NY) – Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- Jennifer Brofer – University of Texas at Austin (TX) – Hometown: Austin, Texas
- Abe Diaz – DePaul University (IL) – Hometown: Duluth, Minnesota
- Hearin Ko – Emerson College (MA) – Hometown: Shanghai, China
- Tatenda Mbudzi – UCLA (CA) – Hometown: Harare, Zimbabwe
- AJ Young – Columbia College Chicago (IL) – Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
"We created this contest when we came on board to produce this year's Oscars," said Zadan and Meron in a joint statement. "We felt that every person on the Oscar stage should have a passion for film and its future, and there is no better way to inspire young filmmakers than to make them part of film's most important night."
To enter the contest, college students were asked to submit a video responding to the question: "How will you contribute to the future of movies?"
The red carpet pre-show airs Feb. 24 at 4 p.m. PST/7 p.m. EST from in front of Dolby Theatre on ABC, with the main Oscars telecast following.