1:14pm PT by Chris Gardner
Laser Treatments and Body Sculpting Are Now Being Offered at Cannes Luxury Gifting Suite
Crocodile handbags, designer shades and sky-high stilettos are typical offerings at VIP gifting suites, but at this year's Cannes Film Festival, swag veteran Nathalie Dubois and her DPA firm have turned to day spa treatments to entice bold-faced names.
From May 15 to 23, Dubois is setting up shop inside two suites at the InterContinental Carlton hotel with her DPA Cannes Gifting Lounge, where a mini-spa space will host the American Haas Wellness Center in partnership with Cutera to offer truSculpt iD body sculpting and Laser Genesis aesthetic treatments. The latter procedure targets red and brown discolorations and stimulates collagen to improve the appearance of wrinkles and signs of aging or sun damage. Launched last year, truSculpt iD is a nonsurgical body-sculpting treatment to help eliminate fat cells and can be done in as quick as 15 minutes.
Dubois, who hails from France, has hosted a lounge in Cannes for more than a decade. Previous attendees include Isabelle Adjani, Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, Angela Bassett, Eva Longoria, Catherine Deneuve, Spike Lee, Jennifer Hudson, Scarlett Johansson, Viola Davis, the Coen brothers, Carey Mulligan and Susan Sarandon.
Body sculpting and red-carpet-ready lasers aren't the only luxe offerings this year. DPA has partnered with Cavipur to offer the first-ever caviar supplement called Crave Free, designed to "feed, regenerate and protects your body on a cellular level. This allows you to live longer, look and feel younger and more energetic," per the company. Other highlights of the 2019 lounge are below.
• CBD oil from Native Humboldt Botanicals, including recovery balms, along with hemp-infused bath soaks.
• Keiichiro leather accessories and handbags.
• By Zia French jewelry, including prints, art deco motifs, stylized leaves, chains and pearls.
• Resort and beachwear brand Katmikko Paris.
• 10 stars will get trips (valued at over $3,000) to Relais and Chateaux’s Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa, in French Polynesia, and Soori Bali.
• Lothantique, Maison Manival and LDM's gluten-free macarons, Aqua-Licious, The Good Gin, Animal Essentials, Dogeared Inc., Scentered, Charleston & Harlow candles, and champagne from Domaine de Nuisement.