- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
More than a decade after debuting the cult-favorite Alexa bag, Mulberry is officially teaming with the It Girl-turned-designer who inspired the original coveted carryall. The luxury London fashion house has tapped Alexa Chung to design a new bag as part of its 50th anniversary Mulberry Editions collections.
Shoppable on Mulberry.com starting today, the Next in Fashion co-host’s limited-edition range features two styles inspired by 1970s fashion icons Charlotte Rampling and Lauren Hutton, and designed for anyone looking to emulate Chung’s effortless romantic feminine-meets-masculine street style.
“Mulberry has always been a brand that’s very close to my heart. The Alexa represents a moment in my life that I’m extraordinarily proud of and feel really lucky to have experienced,” Chung says in a statement. “It’s nostalgic and sentimental and sweet and joyful. This time, I wanted to create something that straddled what the bags means to me personally but could become that for someone else’s wardrobe. I wanted to make sure that it would endure, become a future classic.”
Priced from $950 to $1,795, the line includes the Little Guy, a double-buckled clutch with a thin gold chain strap; and the vintage satchel-inspired Big Guy, a convertible top-handle shoulder bag with a removable chunky crossbody strap. The pieces are available in a range vibrant patent leather and suede colors and textures, including vibrant wrinkled apple green, denim blue, croc-embossed dark chocolate brown and tan suede. Made in the brand’s carbon-neutral factories in Somerset, U.K., everything in the line is finished with the U.K. brand’s signature Postman’s Lock brass closure.
The Alexa bag — which originally debuted in 2010 and was relaunched last year — also got a fresh look in the same colorways. The design took its cues from Mulberry’s original Elkington men’s briefcase, a style staple of Chung’s.
How to Shop Alexa Chung x Mulberry
Alexa Chung’s Mulberry Editions collection is available at Mulberry’s website and boutiques. Below, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite styles to shop from the new Mulberry x Alexa Chung collection; shop our picks below.
1. Mulberry x Alexa Chung Big Guy in Denim Blue
2. Mulberry x Alexa Chung Little Guy in Tan & Black Patent Velvet Trim
4. Mulberry x Alexa Chung Mini Alexa in Black Patent Leather
5. Mulberry x Alexa Chung Alexa in Apple Wrinkled Patent Leather
6. Mulberry x Alexa Chung Oversized Alexa in Black Patent
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day