10:35am PT by Eriq Gardner
Hollywood Docket: Legal Meaning of 'Sheen'; Song Theft; Lady Gaga v. Breast Milk Ice Cream
Law buzz this morning...
- The editor-in-chief of Black's Law Dictionary believes "Sheen" will become part of the lexicon, offering "To ‘pull a Sheen’ could mean to ridiculously try to defend oneself in the public media." [NYT]
- Several Hollywood studios have agreed to changes relating to the financing and installation of digital projection equipment in European movie theaters to resolve an EU antitrust probe. [Europa]
- A federal judge has dismissed a copyright lawsuit against Kanye West that alleged he stole his hit single "Stronger" from a songwriter/producer. [AllHipHop]
- Christina Aguilera and Sony Music are being sued for allegedly ripping off a 43-year-old beat for her new single, "Ain't No Other Man." [TMZ]
- Lady Gaga is threatening legal action against a British shop selling ice cream made from human breast milk. This disgusting product is called "Baby Gaga." [Guardian]