- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Giancarlo Esposito, who was one of the most memorable villains on Breaking Bad, has joined the cast of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, the sequel to Fox’s YA action franchise.
Director Wes Ball is back for the feature as are the producers, Temple Hill Entertainment and the Gotham Group.
Lead Dylan O’Brien is also back, as are the young characters that survived the deadly maze from the first movie.
The project is in preproduction and casting up. Aidan Gillen, who plays Game of Thrones character Littlefinger, was previously cast as the villain. Rosa Salazar is playing a leading female role.
Esposito will play Jorge, a leader of a group of survivors known as the Cranks that encounter the group of teens led by O’Brien. The character also appears in the third book of Maze Runner trilogy, The Death Cure.
Esposito just wrapped the independent musical drama Stuck, based on the stage play by Riley Thomas. He is also in preproduction on Patriotic Treason, the story of abolitionist John Brown. Esposito co-stars, directs and produced the movie, which is starring Ed Harris.
The actor (ICM Partners, Thruline Entertainment, Jackoway Tyerman) is also reprising his role as Magic Mirror/Sidney Glass/Genie in ABC’s Once Upon A Time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day