- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix announced Thursday morning its premiere date for season two of its Marvel superhero show, and unveiled a new teaser in doing so.
The series, starring Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox as the blind lawyer-turned-superhero, Matt Murdock, will return with its second batch of 13 one-hour episodes on March 18 at 12:01 a.m. PT globally. The sophomore season includes the character additions of Elektra (Elodie Yung) and Punisher (Jon Bernthal)
It will do so with new showrunners Doug Petrie (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy), who will take over for Steven DeKnight. (DeKnight took over for initial showrunner Drew Goddard, who exited to focus on Marvel features.)
Daredevil was the first of five Marvel series to debut on the streaming service, leading into the Krysten Ritter-starring series Jessica Jones and forthcoming dramas Iron Fist and Luke Cage before all four heroes team up for the miniseries The Defenders, in a massive pact with Marvel.
Watch the new teaser below, followed by a fresh poster.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day