- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long-in-the-works, on-and-off again project is finally going before cameras Sept. 24 with a cast that includes Lily James, Sam Riley, Jack Huston, Bella Heathcote and Douglas Booth. Burr Steers is behind the camera.
The movie is a horror-comedy spin on Jane Austen‘s Pride and Prejudice. The heroine, Liz Bennett (James), is pressured by her family to marry into a wealthy upper-class home but chafes at the stiff social mores of Victorian England. Instead, she feels that she should help defend the countryside against the onslaught of a horrifying zombie plague.
Smith will play Mr. Collins, a parson who is on the lookout for a wife and proposes to Bennett.
Producing are Cross Creek’s Brian Oliver, Allison Shearmur, Sean McKittrick, Natalie Portman, Annette Savitch, Tyler Thompson and Marc Butan.
Smith recently wrapped production for Terminator: Genisys opposite Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke. He makes his U.S. acting debut with Lost River, the upcoming fantasy written and directed by Ryan Gosling.
Smith is repped by UTA and Troika in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day