- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
12 Monkeys showrunner Terry Matalas is prepping for life beyond the Syfy drama.
Matalas has sold drama Apex to CBS. The potential series, which is in development at the broadcast network, revolves around the daughter of a notorious serial killer who returns to work hunting down murders and deviants for the FBI years after living an inconspicuous suburban life.
Matalas will pen the script for Apex and exec produce with the Sony Pictures Television-based John Fox and John Davis (The Blacklist). Davis Entertainment (Magnum P.I., The Blacklist) will produce the drama, which falls under the company’s overall deal with Sony TV.
Matalas is fresh off four seasons of Syfy’s critically beloved reboot of 12 Monkeys. The writer-producer, who recently exited his overall deal with Universal Cable Productions, has fielded multiple showrunning offers but instead has opted to focus on developing his own projects. He currently has a number of other projects in the early stages of development.
Matalas, who got his start writing for Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise before moving to Fox’s Terra Nova, is repped by ICM Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
William Jackson Harper