- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For years, it’s been one of the great lost TV shows when it comes to home release, but finally the 1966 Batman TV series will be released as a complete box set later this year.
The news broke, unusually, via Conan O’Brien‘s Twitter feed, with the news being confirmed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment soon afterwards.
— Conan O’Brien (@ConanOBrien) January 15, 2014
Although the release has been long-awaited by fans, the timing of this announcement is rather apt. 2014 sees the 75th anniversary of the DC Entertainment superhero, and the TV incarnation of the property has been undergoing a quiet renaissance recently, with DC releasing both a digital comic series, but also a range of collectible toys based on the series over the last few months. This announcement simply underscores a focus on Batman as a franchise, and the 1960s TV series as a potentially lucrative piece of said franchise.
More information on the box set will be released soon, according to Warner Bros.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day