- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oscar-nominated actress, who lives in Australia, was to have played the villainous Margot, a British national and the widow of a notorious terrorist, a role that was slated for multiple episodes.
Casting begins immediately to find a replacement. Filming in London is already underway.
Davis was to have co-starred with Kim Raver, William Devane and Mary Lynn Rajskub, who are reuniting with star Kiefer Sutherland in reprising their 24 roles. Tate Donovan, Yvonne Strahovski, Benjamin Bratt and Michael Wincott are among the new castmembers.
24: Live Another Day takes place in London and follows the further exploits of Jack Bauer (Sutherland), taking up his story four years after the events of 24‘s final season in 2010. The mini will continue with the series’ signature real-time action for each episode.
Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Jon Cassar and Sutherland are executive producers. Teakwood Lane Productions, 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV are the production companies. 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Cochran.
24: Live Another Day, which debuted a gritty teaser during Super Bowl Sunday, premieres with a two-hour launch May 5 at 8 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day