- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No, Kim Cattrall is not Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau’s mother.
CBS’ 60 Minutes apologized Monday after on Sunday night accidentally misidentifying a young Cattrall as Margaret Trudeau, Justin Trudeau’s mother, during a feature on the Canadian leader ahead of a state visit to Washington this week.
“We regret the error on one of the several video and still images shown of Margaret Trudeau. It was corrected online last night,” a 60 Minutes spokesman told The Hollywood Reporter.
The 1981 photo featured Cattrall on a date with then-Canadian prime minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau. The Canadian actress took to her Twitter account to joke about the misidentification by 60 Minutes.
“I have a son who is the Prime Minister of Canada? I couldn’t be more proud,” she tweeted. Cattrall, who did a three-episode arc on the 1980 TV mini-series Scruples, went on to star in HBO’s Sex and the City as PR exec Samantha Jones.
She more recently starred in the Canadian remake of the 2005 BBC series Sensitive Skin that starred Joanna Lumley (Absolutely Fabulous).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day