- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarah Goldberg, who was best known for her four years on the family drama 7th Heaven, died Sept. 27. She was 40.
She died peacefully in her sleep of natural causes, her family told The Chicago Sun-Times. A heart condition is suspected of being related to her death.
She appeared on 7th Heaven from 2002 to 2006, playing Sarah Glass Camden, a medical student and daughter of a rabbi played by Richard Lewis. Her character eventually finished medical school and fell in love with Matt Camden (Barry Watson) and wed him, making her part of the sprawling Camden clan on the WB and CW series. She also played another doctor, Heather Labonte, on CBS’ Judging Amy from 2002-2004.
Also see Hollywood’s Notable Deaths of 2014
Goldberg got her start in acting as an extra on My Best Friend‘s Wedding, and went on to appear in Training Day, Jurassic Park III, Fox’s House and The CW’s 90210.
The Chicago-area native is survived by her father, Bill; her mother, Judy; and brother Bradley.
News of Goldberg’s death became widely reported as her former 7th Heaven co-star Stephen Collins came under police investigation for admitting to inappropriate contact with minors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print