- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Despite ample TV specials with titles stating otherwise, the 1996 murder of tiny pageant star JonBenet Ramsey remains unsolved.
No arrests have been made, no warrants issued, but the high-stakes reveals of HBO’s The Jinx and Netflix’s Making a Murderer have a lot of true crime fare teasing resolution these days. Next up is A&E’s The Killing of JonBenet: The Truth Uncovered. Its Sept. 5 premiere, followed shortly by Investigation Discovery’s JonBenet: An American Murder Mystery on Sept. 12. And CBS’ The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey on Sept. 18 promises revelations of its own.
“This DNA comes from an intruder,” says one man, perhaps an investigator, in the first teaser. “This person murdered JenBenet.” (Bold words!)
If there is something interesting about the 45-second spot, it’s the different path the A&E project seems to be taking on whether or not Ramsey’s murder was the result of a home invasion. The first promo for CBS’ The Case Of seems to rule out the basement window as a point of entry, but The Truth Uncovered shows a man gingerly hopping through the opening.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers