- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS executives are using their Sunday morning to unroll its official series pickups, renewals and cancelations. Among the fallen is freshman series, A Gifted Man. And its star took to Twitter to vent his happiness over the decision.
“Thanks for the AGM love…but now that it’s ‘official,’ I couldn’t be happier,” Wilson, 38, tweets. “As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.”
On A Gifted Man, the movie star-turned-small screen lead, played a self-absorbed surgeon who questions his purpose in life after being visited by his dead ex-wife.
Ahead of Sunday’s official announcement, the actor kept his followers abreast of the show’s renewal status calling early unconfirmed reports “lazy journalism.” Once he received the news, Wilson was disappointed that CBS reps weren’t the ones to break it to him.
“So… shocking to no one: #agiftedman is done,” he writes. “Found out via email…and not from the network. Stay classy. Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!”
The show was a modest performer for the network on Fridays, airing both at 8 and 9 p.m. Its March 2 season finale drew 9.7 million total viewers and a 1.4 in the demo, placing third for the night.
Will you miss A Gifted Man or are you happy to see it go like its lead actor?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day