- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC is gifting viewers with a Pentatonix holiday special.
The hourlong event — airing Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. — will feature the Grammy-winning a cappella group singing its favorite Christmas classics.
Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson also will appear as special guests, with more to be announced. (Another addition could be Dolly Parton, who has a strong relationship with NBC and previously paired with the group for a “Jolene” cover.)
Pentatonix recently released its third holiday album A Pentatonix Christmas, which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart. The album features the group’s arrangement of the Leonard Cohen classic, “Hallelujah,” which debuted at No. 6 on Billboard’s Top Digital Songs Chart.
This is the first-ever holiday network special for Pentatonix —the group first rose to fame on NBC’s competition series The Sing-Off.
Previous NBC holiday concert specials have featured Clarkson and Michael Buble, among others.
A Pentatonix Christmas Special is executive produced by Brad Lachman Productions, Inc. in collaboration with RCA Records and Pentatonix.
, ‘The biggest song from a movie in the past five years will be this old tune of a woman sitting onstage alone, flipping a plastic cup””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power