- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cinematic history of Earth’s mightiest heroes will be laid bare when Marvel Studios expands its relationship with ABC with a new primetime special, Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe next month.
According to the studio, the one-hour documentary promises to reveal “the exciting story behind Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe” via exclusive interviews with filmmakers, actors and fans as well as behind-the-scenes material from the Marvel Studios projects to date and new footage from Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and future episodes of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
In a tease that’s likely to draw a lot of attention, the special also promises a “sneak peek” at next year’s Avengers sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, which started production earlier this month in Johannesburg, South Africa. To date, the only official material for the movie was an animated logo revealed at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
Temporarily unseating Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD from its regular timeslot, Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe will air Tuesday, March 18, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day