- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC continues to put its focus on family comedy, ordering The Second Fattest Housewife in Westport to pilot.
The family comedy is narrated by Katie, a strong-willed mother raising her flawed family in a wealthy town filled with “perfect” wives and their “perfect” offspring.
Writer/novelist Sarah Dunn (Murphy Brown, Veronica’s Closet, Spin City) will pen the script and exec produce the ABC Studios single-camera comedy alongside prolific producer Aaron Kaplan and his Kapital Entertainment banner.
The comedy is Kaplan’s second pilot pickup of the season. He also has animated pilot presentation Botcop at Fox. The independent producer and former agent has multiple shows currently on the air (including NBC’s Mysteries of Laura, CBS’ Life in Pieces and ABC’s Secrets & Lies, among several others across cable).
Housewife puts a solid exclamation point on the network’s focus on family comedy this season. Including this, the network has 12 comedy pilots in the works this season — all of them a twist on the tried and true family format.
Keep up with all the latest pickups, castings and eventual series orders with THR’s handy guide to pilot season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day