- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ashley Tisdale is going from the dorms of the CW’s Hellcats to living at home with her father.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the former High School Musical star is plotting her return to broadcast television with Under Construction, a multicamera comedy in development at ABC.
From ABC Studios, the project would star Tisdale as a young woman whose independence is put on hold when she is forced to move back home while her father renovates her recently purchased “money pit” along with her life.
Accidentally on Purpose writer David Holden will pen the project and co-executive produce alongside Tisdale and Jessica Rhoades and Relativity’s Tom Forman. Tisdale and Rhoades will exec produce through their Blondie Girl Production shingle.
Warren Littlefield, who also is attached to executive produce ABC’s David Blaine thriller, will also serve as an EP.
Tisdale co-starred on the CW’s primetime cheerleading soap Hellcats last season. Her credits include voicing Candace on Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb as well as High School Musical and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day