- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kelly Goode, formerly GSN’s head of programming and most recently an executive producer, has been appointed vp original programming at ABC Family. She will report to Kate Juergens, executive vp original programming/development and chief creative officer.
Goode will be responsible for all current scripted series, including the network’s drama and comedy slates. She will head the current-series team, a sign of ABC Family’s growing scripted efforts. Director of programming Jennifer Gerstenblatt, managers of programming Kelly Garrett and Danielle De Jesus and coordinator of programming Julie Katchen will all report to Goode.
ABC Family premiered five new shows — including Twisted and The Fosters — this summer, in addition to four returning series.
At GSN, Goode spearheaded the network’s original program development, scheduling, acquisitions and talent initiatives. She also developed Baggage and The American Bible Challenge, two of GSN’s highest-rated original series. Prior to GSN, Goode was head of television programming at New Deal Productions, director John Singleton‘s production company. She also worked at Lifetime, CBS Productions, CBS Entertainment and Columbia Pictures Television.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day