- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network announced Tuesday that it has renewed the drama, based on a young adult book series of the same name by Sara Shepard, for a second season. Production is scheduled to start this summer ahead of a winter premiere.
Starring Alexandra Chando as identical twins Emma Becker and Sutton Mercer, The Lying Game has done well among the network’s favorable young demos, particularly women. Its numbers got a boost during the second half of its freshman season when following Pretty Little Liars on Mondays. It nabbed a ratings high of 1.7 million viewers with its new lead-in, pulling a strong showing adults 18-49 (0.7 rating, 903,000 viewers).
ABC Family attributes those numbers to its strongest first quarter primetime showing ever among women 18-34, women 18-49 and females 12-34.
Alloy Entertainment produces The Lying Game in association with Warner Horizon Television. Charles Pratt, Jr., Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo executive produce.
Pratt also developed Shepard’s adaptation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day