- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family has renewed Melissa & Joey for a second season.
The half-hour comedy starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence will return in 2012 with new episodes.
“Melissa & Joey have proven to be a comedic powerhouse, with wonderful chemistry that has resonated with viewers in the tradition of great television pairings,” said ABC Family president Michael Riley. “As our focus on comedy continues to develop, we’re delighted to see it return next year as an integral part of the network’s expanding slate of original series.”
Melissa & Joey, which was ABC Family’s top comedy launch to date in the key ad-preferred demographics, is currently airing its second half of the first season on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., leading in to rookie entry State of Georgia. The sitcom is executive produced by Hart, Lawrence, Bob Young and David Kendall and Paula Hart.
New series The Lying Game, an hourlong drama based on a Sara Shepard book, will premiere Aug. 15 on the cable network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day