- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family is ready for a third helping of Young & Hungry.
The cable network has renewed the multicamera comedy for a third season, it was announced Wednesday.
The series stars Jonathan Sadowski and Emily Osment as a wealthy businessman and his charming personal cook, respectively. The news comes hours ahead of the debut of the second half of Young & Hungry‘s second season. The show’s spring finale hit a series high in adults ages 18-49 with 973,000 viewers.
“We are so proud of how Young & Hungry grew during its second season: it ranked as cable’s number one original series in its timeslot in key demos,” said Karey Burke, ABC Family exec vp, programming and development. “We can’t wait to see what is next for this talented ensemble.”
Aimee Carrero, Kym Whitley and Rex Lee also star. The series is exec produced by David Holden, Ashley Tisdale, Jessica Rhoades, Caryn Lucas, and Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum in association with CBS Television Studios.
Young & Hungry‘s renewal comes weeks after ABC Family said goodbye to veteran multicamera hit Melissa & Joey. The channel’s comedy slate also includes multicamera vet Baby Daddy and freshman single-camera series Kevin From Work, which premiered last week. The network rebranded itself to focus on young adults and specifically “becomers“ earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day