- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family is dead set on expanding its unscripted programming.
The cable channel is offering the first look at its reality series Monica the Medium. It centers on a Penn State junior who can contact the deceased and also is trying to maintain her social life with those above ground.
“I’m Monica — I’m just your typical college girl trying to meet a guy that doesn’t drive me insane,” Monica says in voiceover in the trailer, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
One scene shows her finding time to play drinking games with her friends. “I spend most of my time with dead people,” she says. “Dead people don’t play flip cup.”
The project hails from Dave Caplan‘s Trooper Entertainment and Lionsgate Television, with Caplan and Malachi McGlone executive producing.
The series is part of ABC Family’s unscripted push this summer in an effort to grow its audience. Also launching are Next Step Realty: NYC, Job or No Job and Startup U.
Monica the Medium premieres Aug. 25 at 8 p.m. on ABC Family. The trailer can be seen above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day