- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a few telling leaked photos from a commercial shoot earlier in January, ABC has confirmed most of the cast of its upcoming celebrity diving series. It’s also given the series a new name.
Splash, which premieres Tuesday, March 19, will feature 10 famous faces climbing the 10-meter high dive, pairing up for synchronized stunts and trying different aquatic maneuvers until one is crowned the victor.
Following the news of trainer and judge Greg Louganis‘ addition to the series, the network announced Friday that comedian Louie Anderson, actor Drake Bell, Chelsea Lately sidekick Chuy Bravo, Baywatch alum Nicole Eggert, Cosby Show star Keshia Knight Pulliam, Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and reality star Kendra Wilkinson also are on board.
Perhaps most notably, the show also has tapped Miss USA competitor Katherine Webb, who grabbed national attention when ESPN commentator Brent Musburger spoke about her beauty during boyfriend and Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron‘s BCS National Championship Game appearance.
Two additional competitors will be announced closer to the premiere date.
Splash comes on the heels of a similar Fox special, Stars in Danger: The High Dive. That debuted Jan. 9 to lackluster ratings, pulling just 3.4 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day