- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Gordon is expanding into comedy.
The Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice executive producer, through his deal with ABC Studios, has sold a pair of comedy projects to ABC.
“Stuck in Reverse” will revolve around a father who has a near-death experience and attempts to reconnect with his estranged adult kids. Gordon and the Mark Gordon Co.’s Andrea Shay will executive produce alongside writer Scott King (Mad TV).
Meanwhile, Generation Ex will explore second marriages and co-parenting and be written by You Again’s Moe Jelline.
In addition to his duties on Grey’s, Private Practice and CBS’ Criminal Minds, Gordon also sold Americana — a family soap that takes place in the world of fashion with Michael Seitzman (North Country) attached to write and executive produce — to ABC.
Gordon inked a multiyear deal with Walt Disney Studios earlier this year for features and TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day