- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Walt Disney’s ABC News and Spanish-language media giant Univision Communications are in talks to launch an English-language 24-hour cable news channel targeting U.S. Hispanics, the Wall Street Journal reported.
If they manage to finalize a deal, the companies could get the channel up and running before the November elections, the paper said, citing people familiar with the plans.
Discussions about the potential venture have been going on for more than six months, led by ABC News president Ben Sherwood and Univision Networks president Cesar Conde, according to the Journal.
Under one structure they have considered, Disney would be responsible for advertising sales and distribution, so it could leverage its power based on the ESPN franchise to get the news network into households.
Spokespeople for the Disney-ABC Television Group and Univision declined to comment, the paper said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
The Late Late Show