- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has given a pilot order to a multi-camera comedy project from a Rules of Engagement producer.
From Engagement‘s Mike Sikowitz and Daniel Lappin, Divorce: A Love Story revolves around Kenny and Robin, a recently divorced couple, who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of one another’s lives. The concept is based on the Israeli format Life Isn’t Everything.
Sikowitz and Lappin will write and executive produce the pilot, which also counts Noa Tishby as an EP. Sony Pictures Television, ABC Studios and Reshet are behind the half-hour comedy.
STORY: TV Pilots 2013: The Complete Guide
This marks Sikowitz’s second pilot order, following NBC’s single-camera comedy Welcome to the Family, about a white family and a Latino family who are bonded together by their children, who fall in love followed by an unplanned pregnancy.
ABC entertainment chief Paul Lee has been high on adaptations this pilot season, with several projects being taken from British properties: drama Lucky 7 (an adaptation of The Syndicate) and comedies Spy (based on the U.K. series) and Pulling.
Sickowitz is repped by ICM Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day