- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is offering a new solution to fight student loan debt: betting on children.
The network has ordered eight episodes of Bet on Your Baby, a primetime game show where families will compete to see which parents can predict their child’s next move. During each hourlong episode, five families with children between the ages of 2 and 3 1/2 will play a self-contained challenge — as in against themselves, rather than against other families. Those that advance then will compete for the chance to win $50,000 toward their toddler’s college fund.
The competition is produced by Electus and 5×5 Media (Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, Fashion Star, Supernanny) and will be hosted by actress-comedian Melissa Peterman (The Singing Bee, Baby Daddy, Working Class).
“The concept of the show just appealed to me on many levels because as a mom, I liked the fact that the kids are having fun and being themselves, it’s the parents playing the game,” Peterman said in a release. “As someone who likes funny, there is no one more naturally hilarious and fun to watch than a toddler.”
Bet on Your Baby is slated to premiere in April on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day