- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has picked up a second season of Secret Millionaire, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
The reality show is similar to CBS’ Undercover Boss in that it has wealthy individuals going incognito to bestow money on deserving Americans. Secret Millionaire originated on Fox. But ABC resurrected it after Boss proved a hit for CBS.
The show has performed respectably for ABC, while Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, despite winning an Emmy, has not managed to find an audience. The network benched the show for the remainder of May sweeps.
Additionally, the network has set premiere dates for several summer series: Wipeout bows June 21 along with the premiere of new competition show 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show. Adventure reality show Expedition Impossible will premiere June 23 along with the second season of scripted police procedural Rookie Blue. A new competition show Take the Money and Run – which has ordinary people attempting to outwit professional investigators – is slated to bow in August.
ABC has already handed out a slew scripted orders for next season – seven dramas and four comedies – including Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing, Charlie’s Angels, Pan Am, Apartment 23, Good Christian Belles, and the Shonda Rhimes drama
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day