- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
“Shark Tank” will likely get a second chance to pitch itself to viewers.
ABC plans to air five more episodes of Mark Burnett’s reality series.
The network had three unaired “Shark Tank” episodes left in the can and has now asked producers to cobble together another two episodes from existing footage for an expected five-episode run. No air date is set.
The network has not ordered production on new episodes of the series, however, contradicting a Tweet from one of the show’s panelists that spurred some speculation about a renewal.
“Shark” Robert Herjavec (aka, “the nice one”) wrote via Twitter: “Great news – ABC has ordered more episodes of Shark Tank !!!! No air date yet – but it’s coming.”
Sorry buddy, but you’re no Paula Abdul.
This should allow ABC a chance to test the waters with “Shark” once again. The downside is that you have to figure that the material is probably not the most compelling deal-making footagefrom the show’s first round of production. And given the holidays arecoming up, I smell another tough time period ahead for the show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Sydney Sweeney Says Two Family Members Turned Off ‘Euphoria’ and “Walked Out” of the Room
‘Dave’ Breakout Tenea Intriago on Playing a Stalker Opposite Brad Pitt and Finding Humanity in Villains
‘Dear Mama’ Director Allen Hughes on Tupac Shakur’s Legacy: “He Lived More in a Day Than Most in a Year”