- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t forget about reality. As ABC’s scripted orders for the 2017-18 season roll in, so have some key unscripted ones.
Mainstays Dancing With the Stars, The Bachelor, Shark Tank and America’s Funniest Home Videos have all been renewed — no surprises there. Dancing With the Stars remains one of the most-watched shows on TV; in its recent 21st season, The Bachelor tied The Voice as TV’s No. 1 reality property among adults 18-49; Shark Tank anchors ABC Fridays, now down two comedies; and America’s Funniest Home Videos now outperforms ABC dramas on Sunday.
There could potentially be some changes of episode count, particularly where DWTS is concerned. After all, midseason 2018 is looking quite crowded on the reality front for the network with this week’s acquisition of American Idol. The former Fox show will debut on ABC in 2018, gobbling up a significant piece of scheduling real estate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day